Fluffy, not so sweet and a lot of chocolate. You and your guest will love this easy Hazelnut Chocolate Cake.
The fluffy hazelnut chocolate cake awakens wonderful childhood memories. In addition to the simple marble cake, this was one of my favorites, because it’s not as sweet as other ones. On the one hand, it’s fluffy, light and yet very moist inside.
Good news: Since the recipe contains no flour, this cake is also ideal for wheat allergy sufferers.
A tip for you, after the baking, let the chocolate cake completely cool down, that the moisture can spread evenly inside the cake. That makes it even better. However, the cake will work best if left in the refrigerator for a while and then returned to room temperature.
We wish you a lot of fun baking.
- 100 g butter
- 100 g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 5 egg white
- 5 egg yolk
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g ground hazlenuts
- Preheat the oven to 170-180 degrees with circulating air or 190 degrees top and bottom heat.
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is dissolved. Make sure that the mixture does not get too hot, otherwise the chocolate will turn gray.
- Next, beat the egg white with about one third of the sugar until whipped.
- The egg yolk is now beaten with the remaining sugar to a breezy mixture.
- Now pour the chocolate mixture into the beaten egg yolk and mix it gently with a dipper to a uniform mixture.
- After that, at first only one third of the egg white snow is gently lifted under the mixture, so that the cake remains airy. Afterwards the hazelnuts and the rest of the egg white snow are underlined.
- The mixture can now be poured into a butter pre-greased baking pan and placed into the preheated oven for about one hour.
- With a wooden skewer or knife you can test whether the cake is ready to take out of the oven. Only if nothing sticks at the skewer the cake is ready to take out.
So bon appétit!